- 1/3 Cup Sesame Paste1/3 Cup
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce1/3 Cup
- ¼ Cup Black Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar¼ Cup
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced4 Cloves
- 2 Green Onion, Finely Minced2
- 2 Tablespoons Honey2 Tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Sichuan Peppercorns1 Tablespoon
- 1 Tablespoon Canola or Vegetable Oil1 Tablespoon
- 1 Pound Farmer John Ground Pork1 Pound
- Tablespoon 1 Ginger, MincedTablespoon 1
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped2
- 2 Tablespoons Fermented Black Bean Paste2 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons Shaoxing Wine or Dry Sherry2 Tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon Salt1 Tablespoon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar1/2 Teaspoon
- ½ Cup Roasted Peanuts, Crushed½ Cup
- 14 Ounces Dan Dan Noodles or Thin Wheat Noodles14 Ounces
- 1 Bunch Bok Choy or Spinach1 Bunch
- Chili Oil, to taste for extra spice
- Fried Onions
- Sesame Seeds
Prepare your sauce by whisking sesame paste and soy sauce together in a bowl until incorporated. Add black vinegar, then mix in garlic, green onion, honey and Sichuan peppercorns.
Prepare the pork topping: heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the ground pork to cook and stir until crumbles.
Add ginger, green onion, fermented black beans, Shaoxing wine and sugar. Cook and stir the pork together with the liquid until turns a dark brown color. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Cook the noodles according to directions.
Blanch your bok choy or spinach, drain and set aside.
For each noodle bowl, add noodles, chili oil, noodle sauce, meat mixture, and blanched bok choy. Add toppings like sesame seeds, fried onions, scallions, or garlic chips before serving.