- 3 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour3 3/4 Cups
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar3/4 Cup
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Kosher Salt1 1/4 Tsp.
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda1 1/4 Tsp.
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Baking Powder1 1/4 Tsp.
- 1 Quart Cultured Lowfat Buttermilk1 Quart
- 8 Tbsp. Butter, Melted And Cooled8 Tbsp.
- 5 Egg Whites5
- 2 Pounds Extra Lean Ground Pork2 Pounds
- 1 Egg1
- 1 Slice Bread, Soaked In ¼ Cup Milk1 Slice
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt1 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Tbsp. Ground Black Pepper1/2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Tbsp. Dried Sage1/2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Dried Thyme1 Tsp.
- 2 Tsp. Maple Seasoning2 Tsp.
- 2 16 Ounce Packages Of Farmer John® Thick-Cut Bacon, Cooked And Cut In Half2
- Maple Syrup
Waffles: Sift flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in salt.
Waffles: Add buttermilk, butter, and egg whites. Whisk until combined. Some lumps are fine, do not over beat.
Waffles: In a 7-inch round Belgian waffle iron heated on medium low, ladle about 1 ½ cups batter into the iron. You want it to fill up the whole iron to make nice slider buns. Cook until waffle is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Waffles: Break off cooked waffles into quarters and keep warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
Patties: Combine ground pork, egg, and soaked bread in a large mixing bowl.
Patties: In a separate small bowl, stir salt, pepper, sage, thyme, and maple seasoning.
Patties: Combine half the amount of the spices into the pork mixture.
Patties: Shape 2-ounce patties into balls and flatten slightly, making an indent with your thumb in the center. Repeat until all are formed.
Patties: Season with remaining rub and sear in a skillet on medium heat. Cook until internal temperature reaches 160°F. If the patties get too dark, continue cooking in a 400°F.
Assembly: Lay one waffle slider bun down and drizzle with some maple syrup, lay 2 strips bacon down, a patty, waffle slider bun and 2 more strips of bacon. Secure with skewer. Drizzle more maple syrup over the slider.
Assembly: Assemble remaining sliders and serve warm.