- 1 1/2 Pounds Farmer John Ham Steak, Diced1 1/2 Pounds
- 8 Slices Farmer John Classic Bacon8 Slices
- 1 1/2 Quarts Ham Stock1 1/2 Quarts
- 1 Quart Vegetable Stock1 Quart
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 1/2 Cups Leeks, Diced1 1/2 Cups
- 1 Cup Celery, Small Dice1 Cup
- 2 1/2 Cups Carrots, Dice2 1/2 Cups
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, Minced2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tsp. Dry Thyme2 Tsp.
- 3 Bay Leaves3
- 1 Roma Tomato, Seeded And Diced1
- 8 Ounces Parmesan Cheese Rinds, Optional8 Ounces
- 1 1/2 Pounds Russet Potatoes, Peeled And Diced1 1/2 Pounds
- 1 Head Tuscan Kale1 Head
- 2 Cups Frozen Kernel Corn2 Cups
- 1 Can Small White Beans, Drained And Rinsed1 Can
- 1 Cup Light Cream1 Cup
Mix ham stock with vegetable stock and heat. Taste and adjust seasoning, but salt only if needed.
In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed soup pot, heat oil over medium high heat and add bacon. Cook for 7-8 minutes until just short of crispy.
Add leeks, celery, and carrots and cook for five minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
Add stock, thyme, bay leaves, tomato, and optional parmesan rinds. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are just short of tender. Add potatoes and kale and bring back to a boil then simmer until tender, about five minutes.
Add corn, beans, and diced ham and simmer five minutes.
Stir in cream and remove from heat.
Pick out bay leaves and parmesan rinds and discard. Serve immediately.