Quick Pozole-Style Soup With Smoked Sausage
- 2 Dried Ancho Or Poblano Chilies, Seeded And Stems Removed2
- 2 Tomatoes, Seeded And Chopped2
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt1/2 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper1/4 Tsp.
- 4 Cups Chicken Or Vegetable Broth, Divided4 Cups
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 Farmer John® Smoked Sausage Loop, Cut Into Bite-Sized Pieces1
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Finely Chopped1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano1 Tsp.
- 2 Cans (15 Ounces Each) Hominy, Rinsed And Drained2
- Thinly Sliced Radish
- Cilantro Leaves
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Diced Avocado
In small bowl, cover ancho chilies with boiling water and let sit 15 minutes or until softened. Place in blender with tomato, salt, and pepper. Add ½ cup broth. Blend until puréed; set aside.
In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook sausage, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add garlic and oregano and cook just until garlic is fragrant. Stir in remaining broth, hominy, and reserved chili purée.
Simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
Serve in large shallow bowls topped with your choice of garnishes.