- 2 Tsp. Olive Oil2 Tsp.
- 1 Pound Farmer John® Smoked Sausage Loop1 Pound
- 1 Cup Sliced Onion1 Cup
- 1 Sliced Red Bell Pepper1
- 1 Sliced Yellow Bell Pepper1
- 1 Sliced Orange Bell Pepper1
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Sliced2
- Salt & Black Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes1/2 Tsp.
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth1 Cup
- 1/2 Tbsp. Basil1/2 Tbsp.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the sausage links on each side, just until they turn brown. Slice them and set aside.
Add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir constantly. Then, add the bell peppers, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the onions are translucent.
Add the chicken broth to the skillet with the peppers and onions.
Return the sausage back to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Uncover the skillet, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook for 4 more minutes, just until the liquid is evaporated and the sausage is cooked through. Top with basil.