- 1 Package Farmer John Smoked Sausage Loop1 Package
- 16 Ounces Orecchiette Pasta16 Ounces
- 4 Tbsp. Butter4 Tbsp.
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil3 Tbsp.
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced4
- Zest Of 1 Lemon
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup White Wine1/2 Cup
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Peas1 1/2 Cups
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated1 Cup
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper1 Tsp.
- 2 Cups Arugula2 Cups
Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain. Set aside (drizzle with olive oil and toss to avoid sticking).
Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a skillet until cooked and browned. Slice and place back in the pan.
In the same pan on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic. Cook 1 minute. Add lemon zest, juice, and white wine. Stir and cook 2 minutes. Then add peas and cook 2-3 minutes until tender.
Add pasta to pan along with parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Add more pasta water if needed if pasta is dry. Stir in arugula and serve warm or room temperature.