- 8 Slices Farmer John® Thick Cut Bacon, Cooked And Chopped8 Slices
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder1 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt1/4 Tsp.
- 1 Onion, Diced1
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced1
- 28 Ounces Canned Black Beans28 Ounces
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin1 Tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tomato, Diced1
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream1/4 Cup
- 1 (8-Ounce) Bag Of Shredded Cheddar Cheese1
- Tortilla Chips
Cook bacon on a skillet over medium heat until crispy, approximately 8-10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and then chop.
Drain the skillet but leave about 1 tbsp. of bacon drippings.
Add pepper, onions and chives to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, approximately 7 minutes.
Add spices and sauté for about 1 minute.
Place beans in the skillet and simmer until it has thickened. Now, turn the heat on high.
With the mixture boiling, reduce the heat and simmer the items until the liquid has reduced.
Season with salt and lime juice.
Let dip cool to room temperature.
Once cooled, add in the bacon, tomato and cilantro.
Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Serve with tortilla chips.