Farmer John Old Fashioned
- 4 Slices Farmer John Premium Classic Bacon4 Slices
- 2 Ounces Rye Whiskey2 Ounces
- 1/4 Ounce Maple Syrup1/4 Ounce
- 3 Dashes Toasted Pecan Bitters3 Dashes
- Crispy Piece Of Farmer John Premium Classic Bacon
- Trimmed Orange Peel
Let 3 slices of cooked Farmer John Premium Classic Bacon infuse for 24 hours in rye whiskey.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake 3 pieces of Farmer John Bacon on a baking sheet pan for 15 minutes. Make sure it is an elevated using a baking rack so grease can drip. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
Cut bacon into smaller pieces and put pieces in a bottle of rye whiskey. Shake bottle and then store in refrigerator for 24 hours.
After 24 hours, remove bacon by straining with a coffee filter to catch any small pieces.
Combine bacon-infused rye whiskey, maple syrup, and toasted pecan bitters into mixing glass. Stir for 30 rotations. Strain into a rocks glass over a large cube.
Garnish with Farmer John Bacon and expressed orange peel.