Loaded Potato Skins
- 16 Ounces Farmer John Thick Cut Bacon16 Ounces
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes4
- 2 Green Chilis, Thinly Sliced2
- 8 Ounces Sour Cream8 Ounces
- Few Sprigs Of Green Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 8 Ounces Mexican Blend Of Cheeses, Shredded8 Ounces
- Cilantro Crema, Recipe As Follows
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise1/4 Cup
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, Remove Stems. Roughly Chop Leaves1 Bunch
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil1/2 Cup
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced2
- 1 Tsp. Salt1 Tsp.
- 2 Limes, Squeezed2
Cook bacon according to directions. Roughly chop and set aside.
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Rinse potatoes in water thoroughly to remove dirt. Pierce a few times with a fork, then brush with olive oil or bacon grease.
Bake for 30-40 minute until fork-tender. Set aside to cool enough to handle. Cut in half and use a spoon to remove the insides. Leave about 1/4 of the potato intact
Return to a baking sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil & bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
Drizzle with cilantro crema, cheese & bacon, return to oven again for 5-8 minutes to melt the cheese.
Use tongs to serve on a plate. Top each with green chili, a dollop of sour cream, green onions, and more bacon & cilantro crema if desired.
Cilantro Crema: Use a stick blender to emulsify all the ingredients together. Add more salt if needed.
Cilantro Crema: Store in a refrigerator for up to a week.