- 8 Ounces Farmer John Breakfast Sausage, Cut In Smaller Pieces8 Ounces
- 8 Ounces Crescent Roll Dough Package8 Ounces
- 1 Dozen Eggs, Scrambled Plus 1 Egg For Egg Wash1 Dozen
- Olive Oil For Drizzle
- 2 Tsp. Salt2 Tsp.
- 4 Ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded4 Ounces
- 4 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded4 Ounces
- Few Sprigs Of Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
- 4 Ounces Green Chili, Diced4 Ounces
- 1 Poblano Chili, Thinly Sliced1
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Scramble eggs. Add salt and green chili. Set aside.
In a large pan on medium heat, drizzle olive oil. Brown the sausage. Add poblano pepper, then pour scrambled eggs over the top. Cook eggs until done.
Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. On parchment-lined cookie sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward center, overlapping in star shape and leaving a 4-inch round circle open in center.
Don’t worry – the crescent dough points may hang over the edge of the cookie sheet. Press overlapping dough to flatten. Add Monterey Jack cheese on top of the dough ring.
Spoon eggs and sausage mixture over the Monterey Jack cheese and top with more cheddar cheese & chopped cilantro.
Pull points of triangles over eggs and cheese, and tuck under dough to form a ring (filling will be visible) for the effect.
Brush with egg wash for better color.
Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
Serve hot with any side dish you desire.