- 2 Packages Farmer John Classic Pork Links 2 Packages
- 1 Bell Pepper, Chopped1
- 1 Poblano Pepper, Chopped1
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion, Chopped1/2 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro1/2 Cup
- 2 Cans Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes 2 Cans
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced2
- 4 Tsp. Ground Cumin4 Tsp.
- 2 Tsp. Ground Paprika2 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon1/4 Tsp.
- 1/8 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper1/8 Tsp.
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt1 1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper1/2 Tsp.
- 6 Large Eggs6
- 3/4 Cup Feta Cheese, Crumbled3/4 Cup
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat, break apart and brown sausage until cooked through.
Add bell pepper, poblano pepper, green onions and cilantro, sautéing for about 2 minutes to allow the peppers to get some direct heat.
Add the roasted tomatoes and stir to combine.
Season the mixture with the garlic (or garlic oil), cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
Once the tomato sauce is nice and bubbly, make a well in each section where you would like to add an egg. Gently crack an egg into each well.
Top the dish with feta cheese and place in the oven to continue cooking. If your tomato sauce was sufficiently hot when you added the eggs you should only need an additional 7-10 minutes in the oven to complete cooking. Alternatively, if you would prefer to continue poaching the eggs on top of the stove instead of in the oven, you may do so.