- 2 Tbsp. Salt2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Black Pepper2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tsp. Paprika2 Tsp.
- 2 Tsp. Smoked Paprika2 Tsp.
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder2 Tsp.
- 2 Tsp. Onion Powder2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar1/2 Cup
- 1 1/2 Cups Water Or Stock1 1/2 Cups
- Optional (But Delicious) Additions: 2 Teaspoons Fennel Seeds, 1-2 Bay Leaves, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 1 Whole Star Anise, And 3 Dried Arbol Chilies.
Additional Bowl Ingredients
- 1 Pork Butt Roast1
- 12 Strips Farmer John® Thick-Cut Bacon, Cooked12 Strips
- 6 Cups Cooked Quinoa6 Cups
- 3 Cups Shredded Carrots3 Cups
- 3 Cups Shredded Red Cabbage3 Cups
- 4 Cups Sweet Potatoes, Diced And Roasted4 Cups
- 1 1/2 Cups Hummus1 1/2 Cups
- 3 Avocados, Quartered3
- 1 Cup Roasted Chickpeas1 Cup
- Chili Powder
Pat dry the pork shoulder. Stir salt and spices in a mixing bowl. Rub spices into the surface and crevices of the shoulder.
Pour vinegar, water/stock, and any aromatics into the bottom of a slow cooker. Carefully place shoulder into slow cooker.
Cook 6-8 hours until internal temperature reaches 165°F. (If you prefer to use a Dutch oven, set oven to 225°F and cook for 7-8 hours until temperature reaches 165°F.)
Once cooked, move meat to a tray and shred, moisten with extra cooking liquid and keep warm.
In a bowl, layer ½ cup shredded pork, ½ quinoa, ¼ cup shredded carrot, ¼ cup shredded cabbage, ⅓ cup roasted sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons hummus, ¼ sliced avocado, 1 tablespoon roasted chickpeas and 1 strip bacon.
Sprinkle with chili powder and enjoy!