Asian Cajun Po’ Boy
- 28 Ounces Farmer John Hot Louisiana Smoked Sausage, Scored28 Ounces
- 3 Tbsp. Cooking Oil3 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Minced1 Tbsp.
- ½ Small Yellow Onion, Minced½
- 8 French Rolls, Lightly Toasted on the Insides8
- 1/2 Cup Mayo, Squeeze Bottle Preferred1/2 Cup
- 4-5 Vine-Ripened Tomatoes, 16 Slices4-5
- 2 Scallions, Thinly Sliced2
- 1 Jalapeno, Thinly Sliced1
- 8 Eggs, Cooked Sunny Side Up, Optional 8
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lime Juice1/3 Cup
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce¼ Cup
- 3 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce3 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, Finely Grated1 Tbsp.
Stir together sisig sauce ingredients and set aside.
To score, with a knife make diagonal slices to surface of sausage. Make diagonal slices to other side to make an X shape.
Add canola oil to a large frying pan over high heat. Add sausages and fry until nicely browned and crispy.
Lower flame to medium and add onions and garlic. Cook all together for about 3 -4 minutes until vegetables are lightly caramelized.
Add sisig sauce and let simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat.
Layer 2 tomato slices on one interior side of each roll.
Place sausages in each roll.
Evenly divide and spoon sauce on each link.
Drizzle mayo over each po’ boy. Pro tip: Squeeze bottles are a cook’s best friend!
Place one sunny side up egg on each po’ boy and garnish with scallion and jalapeno. Enjoy!