For Hot Dogs
- 6 Farmer John® Meat Wieners6
- 6 Strips Uncooked Farmer John® Classic Bacon6 Strips
- 6 Hot Dog Buns6
- 1 Cup Honey BBQ Sauce1 Cup
For Fried Onions
- 1 1/2 Onion1 1/2
- 1 Cup Flour1 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk1/2 Cup
- Salt & Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 Cups Vegetable Oil For Frying2 Cups
Cut the onions in thin circle slices.
Place onion rings into a bowl and pour buttermilk over it. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Take sliced onions out of buttermilk and shake off excess liquid. Place onions in flour mixture until evenly coated.
Fry onions in hot oil until golden brown.
Take out and spread them out on a paper towel, slice into straws.
Pour BBQ sauce in a bowl.
Dip each hot dog in the sauce until coated well.
Wrap each hot dog in uncooked bacon strips. Tuck the ends of bacon so it doesn’t come apart.
Grill on medium heat until bacon is crispy and hot dogs are cooked.
Place cooked hot dogs in buns and top them with fried onions.