- 1 Cup Leftover Farmer John Spiral Sliced Smoked Ham, Diced1 Cup
- 5 Cups Cold Mashed Potatoes, (About 5 Medium Potatoes)5 Cups
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded1 Cup
- 2 Tsp. Salt2 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper1 Tsp.
- 2 Serrano Chili Peppers, Diced2
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour1 Cup
- 4 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs4 Cups
- 5 Eggs, Scrambled5
- 3-4 Cups Canola Oil For Frying3-4 Cups
- Hot Sauce Or Salsa If Desired
Mix mashed potatoes with ham, cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, and chilis in a medium bowl.
Using an ice cream scoop, portion croquettes & set aside.
Beat eggs in one bowl; place breadcrumbs in another bowl and flour in a third bowl.
Pour canola oil into a medium skillet – enough to cover half of the croquettes – and heat over medium-high. You’ll know it’s ready when you add a pinch of breadcrumbs and it bubbles immediately.
Dip potato balls in flour, then egg, then roll in breadcrumbs.
Working in batches, fry, turning often, until golden brown and crisp, 3–4 minutes.
Drain on paper towels.
Serve when hot with side of hot sauce.