- 6 Small Nopales (Cactus Pads), Scraped And Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces6
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 Can (29 Ounces) Tomatoes In Puree1 Can
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped2 Cloves
- 1 Cup Mole1 Cup
- 1 Package Farmer John® Louisiana Brand Hot Link Sausage, Cut Into 1 ½ -Inch Thick Slices1 Package
- 1 Pound Baby Red Potatoes1 Pound
- 1 Pound Romeritos Or Baby Spinach Leaves, Cleaned And Stems Removed1 Pound
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock1 1/2 Cups
Cover nopales with salted water in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water several times; set aside.
Heat oil in stock pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in mole until well blended.
Add hot links, nopales, potatoes, romeritos and stock.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 to 2 hours, stirring frequently or until tender.
Twist on a classic: Turn this classic extra special with the addition of chopped cooked shrimp. Serve with bread such as telera or French bread to mop up all the delicious sauce.