- 1 (14-Ounce) Package Farmer John® Smoked Sausage Or Beef Franks, Cut On Diagonal Into 1/4-Inch Thick Slices1
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 Medium Sweet Yellow Onion, Chopped1
- 2 Tsp. Minced Garlic2 Tsp.
- 1 1/4 Cups White Rice1 1/4 Cups
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock2 1/2 Cups
- 1 (3-Ounce) Package Julienne-Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes1
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil2 Tbsp.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet with tight-fitting lid over medium-high. Sauté chopped onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add smoked sausage or franks and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add rice to skillet; cook and stir until it starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Add stock and sun dried tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until rice is tender and stock is absorbed.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in basil. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.