Breakfast Bacon Coffee Cake
- 1 Lemon, Zested1
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon1 Tsp.
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter At Room Temperature1/2 Cup
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar1 1/4 Cups
- 2 Eggs2
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour1 1/2 Cups
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder1 1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt1/2 Tsp.
- 1 1/4 Cups Sour Cream1 1/4 Cups
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla1 Tsp.
- 1/2 Cup Farmer John Classic Bacon, Chopped1/2 Cup
- 1/4 Cup Sugar1/4 Cup
- 2 Tsp. Flour2 Tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon1 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts Or Pecans1/2 Cup
Preheat oven to 375°F and generously butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add lemon zest and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a separate bowl, sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla until just combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
Make the topping: Cook bacon according to directions, but remove from heat half-way through cooking. (It will still cook atop the cake.) Chop cooked bacon.
Combine bacon, sugar, cinnamon, flour and chopped nuts in a small bowl and mix well.
Sprinkle the topping evenly over the cake and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool, cut into pieces and serve.