Spring Salad with Bacon
- 8 Ounces Farmer John Low Sodium Bacon8 Ounces
- 10 Ounces Leafy Greens Or Spring Lettuce Mix10 Ounces
- 1 Cup Snap Peas, Washed1 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas, Thawed1/2 Cup
- 3 Persian Cucumbers, Sliced In Rounds3
- 2 Large Watermelon Radish Or 6 Small Regular Radish, Thinly Sliced2
- 1/4 Cup Pistachios1/4 Cup
- Fresh Herbs (Mint & Basil) For Garnish
- Parmesan, Shaved
- Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 Ounces Yogurt Mint Dressing8 Ounces
Yogurt Mint Dressing (Makes About 4 Cups)
- 16 Ounces Yogurt16 Ounces
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice1/2 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil1/2 Cup
- 1 Jalapeño, Roughly Chopped1
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced6 Cloves
- 4 Stems Of Mint4
- 1 Tsp. Salt1 Tsp.
Cook bacon according to directions.
Make the dressing & cut your greens & vegetables.
Add half of the dressing to the bowl with the leafy greens and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the salad. Arrange the salad greens on a platter, then layer the 1/2 of the bacon, peas, the radishes, snap peas, cucumber, pistachios, parmesan, and herbs. Drizzle with remaining dressing, the rest of the bacon, season to taste with more salt and pepper, and serve.
Yogurt Mint Dressing: Using a stick blender, pulse together the mint, garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, jalapeño, olive oil, and salt.
Yogurt Mint Dressing: Store in airtight container.