- 6 Slices Farmer John® Thick Cut Bacon, Chopped*6 Slices
- 4 Large Tomatoes4
- 1 Sweet Onion, Finely Chopped1
- 1 Jalapeño, Seeded And Chopped (Optional)1
- 2 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt1/4 Tsp.
- 1/8 Tsp. Black Pepper1/8 Tsp.
- *Also Terrific With Farmer John® Classic Or Center Cut Bacon.
Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes or until skins release. Remove, cool and peel. Discard skins, remove seeds and chop.
In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat cook bacon until crisp-cooked. Remove from skillet; set aside. Remove all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
In same skillet add onion and jalapeño and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
In medium sauce pot add tomatoes (drain off any excess tomato water), bacon, onion mixture, maple syrup, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Cook partially covered over low heat 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slightly reduced. Remove cover and cook 30 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
Refrigerate in airtight container until ready to use.
Serve with crackers, sliced bread, great addition to a cheese board, and perfect as a spread on sandwiches too!